Core Columbia Insurance is here to assist victims of the recent wildfires navigate the many government and non-government based social service resources available to them. If you are currently enrolled in a Covered California plan, and have been impacted by the recent wildfires, we can contact your health insurance company and provide you with information about relief they may be willing to offer on your premium payments and co-pays, as well as other relevant information about services you may be eligible for.
We are also here to assist in filing any necessary billing grievances direct with health carriers, as Covered California is unable to restore coverage due to termination for non-payment of premium.
We are also able to assist affected consumers with filing a hardship exemption form for a health coverage exemption to possibly avoid paying a 2018 tax penalty. If there is any way we can assist you or anyone you know, give us a call today at 619-259-6905, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are a few phone numbers and links that provide relevant up-to-date information on other types of government benefits available to victims and their families.
• CalFresh Benefits Helpline for food assistance at 1-877-847-3663
• Local County Social Services Offices for employment and cash assistance
• Information and referrals to Health and Human Services Programs, as well as joblessness support, and disaster relief at 211 (Local numbers to relevant county offices can be found here: http://www.cdss.ca.gov/County-Offices)
• The Statewide Wildfire Recovery Resources website, created by the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services http://wildfirerecovery.org/
• The “Wildfires Disaster and Emergency Response and Recovery Tool Kit” website: https://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/CalFresh/Disaster-CalFresh
If you or anyone you know would like to assist with relief efforts, please consider donating to the Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation, or The Red Cross. Donations can also be made by calling 1- 800-RED CROSS, or texting the word CAWILDFIRES to 90999 to make a $10 donation.